Second Saturday Workdays
Our workdays are back for Garden Members only and your families. Please check out the 2020 – 2021 schedule and add the dates to your calenders! See you in the garden.
Sign-Up for one of our Garden Projects, join a small team and find what your passion is in the garden! Sign-up link and details below
Continue to check city and county public health websites for updated info about Covid-19 directions.
DO NOT COME TO THE GARDEN IF YOU ARE SICK OR BEEN SICK IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- Buy cool season seedlings from our gardener’s plant sale! Azize and team are putting out new seedlings each week. Please follow payment instructions on the signs on the tables.
- Start planting cover crop [free to gardeners on our sale table] and cool-season crops now, and start removing your summer crops as they finish.
- Log your volunteer hours – aim to have completed 1 hr, 15mins by the end of October. Contact us if you can’t come to the garden.
Enjoy The Garden Everyone!
LOG YOUR SERVICE HOURS
View Service Hours Log
Check how many hours you have logged previously. You can log new service hours on the form above.
As a registered CSG gardener, you must fulfill and log 15 x hours of service by August 31st, per your annual CSG agreement. It’s very easy and helps keep our lovely community garden maintained and looking good! You can check with your Row Leader what community jobs are on the garden list OR there is a monthly Task List posted on the garden kiosk noticeboard near the main gate. So if you need to contribute service hours outside of work days, you can easily log an hour or two each month.
Projects + Committee Sign-Ups
CSG Projects Teams 2020
Sign-up to one of our garden projects, receive details on how you can contribute, collect volunteer hours credits and see the garden change with our team efforts!
This button will take you to our SignUp Genius page with a list of teams you can sign up for, such as: Social Media Team, Gazebo Improvements, Hose Bibb Replacements, Bed Rebuilds and more ….Sign up Here
Gardeners Monthly Tasklist
October 2020 Task List
Our Second Saturday workday on October 10th was a success! We completed the following tasks:
- Packed Cover Crop bags
- Chipped and flipped compost
- Emptied all trash bins
- Peace Garden weeded and pruned
- Perimeter garden pruned @ Lemon Row
- Planted 1 x Donation bed for Cool season
- First Stage discussions for new Hügelkultur Garden Project – Let us know if you’d like to be involved and join the team!
For the remainder of October – gardeners can work on regularly emptying the trash bins into the blue skip, flipping a compost bin [ask Fiona or Margherita how to do this], weeding pathways or areas nominated by your Row Leader and picking up trash and tidying tools in the sheds.
Check out our Projects Sign-up Page if you’d like more details on how to get involved in our teams and committees.
Thank you for caring for our beautiful community space!
Gardeners Google Group
All Gardeners are required to be subscribed to the CSG Google Group. This is our primary way to send out regular updates with essential garden information, including hints + tips, event announcements, and day-to-day changes or notifications. It’s also a great way to stay in touch with your fellow gardeners and connect with your local community.
This is a private group and you should be automatically subscribed on becoming a member.
LOGIN HERE to open Google Groups Login Page
Agreements and Documents
- GARDEN BED AGREEMENT: 2020-2021 For registered garden bed owners only.
- VOLUNTEER LIABILITY WAIVER For all volunteers: download a copy of our waiver, sign and return to CSG.
- THE GROUP GARDEN Information on how to join the Group Garden while you wait for a individual garden bed.
- AUTOMATIC WATERING SYSTEM Information on the correct pieces and configuration of your automatic watering system
- UNATTENDED WATERING AGREEMENT Complete this form to get approved for your already installed automatic watering system
Second Saturdays + Summer Evenings Calendar | 2020 - 2021
Below are the scheduled dates for each row group to lead their Second Saturday workdays.
10 AM – 12 PM
MON SEP 19 ALL HANDS ZOOM MEETING
SAT OCT 10 Group Garden, Orange + Plum
SAT NOV 14 Apricot and Blackberry
SAT DEC 12 Cherry, Fig + Hi-Rise
SAT JAN 09 Lemon and Mulberry
SAT FEB 13 Group Garden, Orange + Plum
SAT MAR 13 Apricot and Blackberry
SAT APR 10 ALL HANDS MEETING
SAT MAY 08 Cherry, Fig + Hi-Rise
SAT JUN 12 Lemon and Mulberry
SAT JUL 10 Group Garden, Orange + Plum
SAT AUG 14 Apricot and Blackberry
MON AUG 31 DEADLINE to complete service hours for 2019/2020 agreement
SAT SEP 11 ALL HANDS MEETING
- Summer Evening Work Days schedule TBD
VOLUNTEER HOURS GOAL CHART:
|Yearly Quarter||Service Hrs Goal||Annual Tally|
|SEP 1 – NOV 31||3hrs, 45 min||3hrs, 45 min|
|DEC 1 – FEB 31||3hrs, 45 min||7hrs, 30 min|
|MAR 1 – MAY 31||3hrs, 45 min||11 hrs, 15 min|
|JUN 1 – AUG 31||3hrs, 45 min||15 hrs|
- All CSG gardeners are welcome to attend on any workday ~ you can join in even if your row isn’t scheduled for that date.
- Once you’ve attended, please be sure to fill out the LOG YOUR SERVICE HOURS online form (on this page) and log your hours in decimal format.
- EG: if you work for 30 mins, enter it as 0.5 hrs. If you work for 1 hour and 25 mins, enter it as 1.5 hrs
There is also a monthly Task List which is posted on the garden kiosk noticeboard, so if you’d like to contribute service hours outside of workdays, you can easily log an hour or two each month.